Social Studies Curriculum:
Content Coming Soon!!
Treaty 8 First Nations of Alberta Education has purchased Mathletics for band schools on reserves as part of our FNSSP program.
Mathletics is a comprehensive on-line interactive and engaging Math learning resource for schools/teachers and students. It is aligned to the provincial Program of Studies and has assessment tools and content to measure student ability levels. The website is www.mathletics.ca.
For teachers: Teachers are given username and password to access their Teacher Console at www.mathletics.ca.
- Can create groups and move students
- Preview, set and edit courses
- View results and set classroom or homework task -Instant marking and reporting
- Helps organize your teaching time and design learning pathways for individual students that can include set minimum levels in Live Mathletics
- View, print and export reports on performance and activities summaries
- Print certificates and view strengths and weaknesses for individual students
- Challenger: test students against standards to assess or benchmark your class
- Valuable formative assessment data
- Ebooks and printable worksheets are available as well as corresponding teacher answer books for hints and tips
- View and demonstrate the student center as students see it
- Teacher toolkit to search for content and plan lessons (includes videos, animated times tables songs, interactive dictionary definitions and step-by-step concept introductions) that can be used on your interactive whiteboard
- Automatic feedback to home
Students are assigned a username and password to access their log in on the website www.mathletics.ca
- Interactive curriculum activities that fit the provincial curriculum
- Concept search
- Live Mathletics game
- Early years learning games
- Engaging activities
- Design your own avatar
- Certificates and rewards
- Problem solving exercises
- Can learn at own pace with the tutorial
- Support button to help figure out the answer
- Can practice at home using same username and password on the website on different tablets such as computer, tablets and Ipads
The students can login through the website and parents can sign up to view their child’s progress by visiting www.mathletics.ca/parent and completing the form and clicking on Submit. Parents will receive weekly progress emails every Monday in their inbox.