Regional Education Steering Committee
These basic principles apply to the Regional Education Steering Committee (RESC):
1. Membership is established by appointment by the twenty four First Nations.
2. Oversee and direct Support Services
3. Endorse educational standards and policies and approve procedures
4. Accepts advice from Elder’s Council, Women’s Council, Youth Council, Education Commissioners, the Leadership Committee on Education and the Education Administrator’s Forum (Bodies in the Red Circle)
5. Receive authority to fulfill their responsibilities from Treaty 8 First Nations of Alberta
6. Accountable to Treaty 8 First Nations of Alberta to fulfill their mandate.
7. Brings Logistical & Clerical support and advice to the twenty four First Nations through the Director of Education as required.
8. Ensure there is a means for dispute resolution to address issues and concerns that may arise from time to time from any and all stakeholders.