Treaty 8 First Nations of Alberta (Executive Board)
The Treaty 8 First Nations of Alberta Chiefs represent their community as Members of Treaty 8 First Nations of Alberta. The Members of Treaty 8 First Nation of Alberta Executive Board are chosen as per the by-laws. In effect, each Tribal Council Grand Chief and independent First Nation Chief sits on the Executive Board.
The educational responsibilities of the Executive Board of T8FNA provides oversight on all activities of the Regional Education Steering Committee, through the Education Portfolio Chief, Chief Operating Officer and Director of Education. In fact of illegal activity, incompetence, or neglect is established by the Executive Board, then the Executive Board can dismiss a member or members of the Regional Education Steering Committee, or the Regional Education Steering Committee itself, and appoint an Administrator until the Chiefs are able to meet as Treaty 8 First Nations of Alberta to re-establish the Committee. More specifically the Executive Board will:
• Have access to all documentation produced by the Regional Education Steering Committee and staff.
• Ratify all educational policies, and standards endorsed by the Regional Education Committee.
• Hire the Chief Operating Officer.
• Hire Chief Financial Officer
• Receive and control financial resources for the education system.
• Establish complaints and appeals procedures for the organization.
• Select Auditor and approve audit.